Sunday 21 March 2021

Base matters

 I am currently thinking of basing my 1930s/20s toy soldiers. I feel the open nature of warfare really requires round rather than square basing. No longer do they stand shoulder to shoulder but within x inches of each other for unit cohesion. My figures keep falling over and I seem to have a fair number of kneeling ones with a propensity to do this. Therefore I have bought 30mm clear acrylic circles to use as bases indoors and outdoors. Here is a trial setting-

 
I would be interested in what you think, too big , too small or just right...


5 comments:

  1. Look about right to me and clear acrylic will vanish nicely in the garden leaving only the soldier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 28mm solo figures go on a 25mm base, two on a 30mm and 3 on a 40mm. Makes nice groups and easy to clear casualties. Got the idea from Michael Leck of Dalauppror blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great basing convention. I tried it with these 54mms but have returned to individual basing.

      Delete
  3. That size might be a little inconvenient for storage but should be right for a skirmish in the garden.
    Clear would be fine indoor or out but I might be tempted to use real garden dirt as flocking overtop of a suitable dirt brown base coat. (Probably a waste of clear bases though)

    ReplyDelete
  4. many homeowners often see tiny white larvae on their rugs, but they don't take any necessary action to remove them. However, it's a clear indication that your rug needs cleaning immediately. If you lack knowledge on how to clean the rugs, then clean hire professional help for washing. הדברה בטוחה

    ReplyDelete