Sunday 24 April 2022

A Wellsian interlude

 Taking the chance to get the guns and matchsticks out on a sunny Sunday afternoon…

Bought at some point in a job lot ( I think) these were lying unused in the shed. I decided that they ought to be given some firing practice. Old , battered and having seen better days ( some might say that of me too) I was interested to see how they performed. The most effective piece, by far , was the small and particularly damaged one on the left. The others need more practice and perhaps a new spring if such a thing is obtainable.


1 comment:

  1. Bravo and a very fine way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Springs are available here - please send me a photo of the cannon and I will dig you some out.

    There is nothing quite so elegant as a 4.7" naval gun.

    ReplyDelete