Thursday 28 July 2011

A plate and update...

Blogger has deigned to allow me to upload a sample image today- my beloved mountain troops...
As you can see the plates are both inspirational and also excellent as a painting guide and reference...

Still no word re the Swiss Lake warfare book - I do not wish to hassle my contact in Austria so I will wait patiently...

Re the wooden ships- they are ensconced in a dry part of the garage and have had no work done upon them yet. We are at the stage of thinking what we will do regarding the garden in the light of a forthcoming new garage,subsequent landscaping changes in the vicinity and a desire to extend the veg plot in order to have more room to grow veg and fruit. In the light of the current fluid state regarding the Green Waters" the ships will be in dry dock at present...

3 comments:

  1. Great picture, what colour are the coats on the three men at the front, grey, green??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very atmospheric picture. The chap in the foreground seems to have the short straw as far as carrying stuff is concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grey green indeed I think Ray.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete